“Conventional Wisdom dictates, if you’re trying to market something, the last thing you want your marketing campaign to be is "An Act of Futility". But…are you REALLY sure about that? I was thinking recently how most of the stuff I’m most proud of, started off as acts of futility.
· Drawing cartoons on the back of business cards started off as an act of futility.
· Getting an English tailor to blog in the hope of selling more $5,000 suits started off as an act of futility…
And if you think about it, the world is full of other, similar examples.
· Getting people to pay $4 for a cup of coffee started off as an act of futility.
· Getting people to give up their horses en masse in exchange for an internal combustion engine started off as an act of futility.
· Getting people to pay for software without any hardware attached to it started off as an act of futility…”
Taking risks, accepting the downsides, building on the adversity for untold and unanticipated opportunity.