In this modern age, the most common fights that people will face are the fiery online debates that crop up on forums, Twitter and Facebook. Not everyone will engage with the spirit of open minds and honest facts especially that dreaded species, the ‘trolls’.
- It doesn’t matter how many people don’t get it. What matters is how many people do.
- 10% of people will find a way to take anything personally. Expect it.
- “Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity.” (Colin Powell) goes on to say, but be “tactical and strategic” when you do.
- “If you are really effective at what you do, 95% of the things said about you will be negative.” (Scott) Boras
- “If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.” (Epictetus)
- “Living well is the best revenge.” (George Herbert)
- Keep calm and carry on.