Happy 7th Anniversary to ‘Leadership and Management / Turning Adversity to Advantage’!
Here’ sort of a Harper’s Index of stats over that period…
- Number of Embracing Failure posts – 509
- Number of Leadership and Management posts – 125
- Average posts per month 2006 – 3
- Average posts per month 2012 – 20
- Pages of material posted – 639 pages
- Visitors – 59,855
Over the course, I’ve also added two major categories which are extensions of the core themes…
Certain fields seem to keep presenting inspiration so I have added category Tags to help find all those one a particular area, such as…
I added a list of the most popular posts on the right hand column, but the all-time tops are…
- Most popular Failure post – “Michael Jordan Nike Commercial on Failure”
- Most popular Leadership and Management post – “Leadership Lessons from the Blindside”
Hugh’s piece ‘Create’ (see above) captures the sentiment of this now nearly-daily ritual along with his own nod to embracing failure..
“The fact is, to lead a successful. ‘creative’ life, you pretty much have to work at it every day, the same way a pianist practices his scales, or a football player practices his drills. Every frickin’ day. Of course, not everybody will understand why you bother…And not every day will be a winner, either. Sometimes you’ll do a twelve or fourteen hour stretch, and come away with hardly anything of value. Lots of work, little gain. Which is why I made this cartoon look so incomplete and fragmented. It feels like that more often than any artist would ever care to admit. Sure, you get used to it. But it never stops hurting, just a little.”